This is a common and great question that comes up when going out Latin dancing the first time! We remember our first time so we are here to give you a few tips to help you out and save you some of the embarrassment we felt! While there probably could be a book written on this topic (maybe there is) we want to give you the quick and short answers. Any kind of Latin dancing such as Salsa, Bachata, Merengue and more is pure cardio so you will sweat! Even if it is winter outside it will feel like summer inside.
So here are a few Do’s and Don’ts:
- Do wear tank tops, short sleeves, active shorts under dresses
- Clothes that are comfortable, lightweight, flowy, breathable, stretchy
- Leggings, skinny jeans, shorts, rompers
- Shoes that are flat or low heel, at least 1 strap, soft soles for spinning
- Dance around to make sure outfit stays in place
- Wear clothing that will ride up
- Tube tops or strapless dresses
- Clothing that may show sweat
- Restrictive sleeves or clothing
- Super high heels, flip flops, sling backs, slip on, sneakers
- Wear shirts that are lightweight, short or long sleeve
- T-shirts are okay if in good taste
- White or black won’t show sweat stains
- Extra shirts if you sweat and a towel
- Jeans or dress slacks
- Shorts (if Day party)
- Wear tank tops or sleeveless shirts
- Athletic or sweatpants
- No shorts (if Night party)
- Shoes that grip such as sneakers or flip flops (casual or dress shoes okay)
It goes without saying to pay attention to hygiene so a little perfume, body spray and gum doesn’t hurt! These are just a few guidelines to help you make your way on the dance floor. The key is to learn and have fun because as we say “Dance Makes Life Better!” See you on the dance floor soon and make sure to say hello to us and ask us to dance!
- Alvin & Helena
*** These might interest you!***
Don't miss a beat!
New moves, motivation, and classes delivered to your inbox. Sign up today and get our FREE starters guide!
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.